Delicious recipes using only ingredients you can find on our shelves.
3/4-1 lb Opah
juice of 1 1/2 limes, and a 1 lime wedge (the rest of that second lime can be served with the beer
2-3 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
4 chipotle peppers in adobo
6 oz plain yogurt
1 1/2 c. shredded red cabbage
1/4 c. diced red onion
1/3 c. whole kernel corn
1/2 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
pinch of salt
6 slices of avocado
crumbled cotija cheese
6 corn tortillas
1. Marinade the fish in the lime juice and cayenne for 20 mins.
2. Puree the chipotles with the yogurt for the sauce.
3. Toss the shredded cabbage, diced onion, corn, and cilantro with the juice of one lime wedge and a pinch of salt
4. Cook the fish over medium heat in a skillet with a little oil, then toast the tortillas.
5. Spread a little chipotle sauce on each tortilla, then add the fish, slaw, a slice of avocado and a sprinkle of cotija...and there you have it, six tacos for two good eaters.
Throw on some fresh pico de gallo, and cotija cheese and you've got yourself some tacos!
P.S. They'll be some extra chipotle sauce...it's great on a bacon cheeseburger with some red onions.
- February 15, 2016
- No Comments