2 Balls Marczyk-Made Pizza Doughs
1 Ball of Marczyk Mozzarella
1 Bunch of Fresh Broccoli Rabe
2 Hot or Sweet Italian Sausages
8 oz of Marczyk Marinara
- PREPARE THE RABE: Wash the stalks and cut the leafy parts into 1 to 2 inch lengths. Peel the stems and cut into 2 inch pieces. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook two cloves of garlic peeled and minced until sizzling. Add salt, pepper, and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Return the broccoli rabe to the pot and cook a minute or two more in the seasoned oil, and cool.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, then remove the sausage meat from the casings and cook until lightly browned, breaking the meat up with a fork as it cooks, and set aside. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) (533.15 K) (really hot).
- Roll out one ball of dough into a 12 to 14 inch circle and place on a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel.
- Spoon some of the tomato sauce onto the pizza, spreading it to within 1 inch of the edge. Place cheese slices over the sauce, then top with some of the broccoli rabe and sausages.
- Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.